HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM HELP?
The Problem Gambling Program is designed to help people:
- Diagnose a gambling problem
- Understand the nature of gambling problems
- Recognize how it has affected the gambler and others
- Understand the need for change and make a plan of action
- Identify blocks to recovery in a supportive environment
- Learn new, effective ways to change behavior
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
1. PHASE 1 – Information Nights (2)
- Two evening sessions – 1 ½ hours each
- Open to those with gambling problems and/or family members or friends
- Offers information on problem gambling and options for change
2. PHASE 2 – Taking Action
- (Approximately 12) evening group treatment sessions – 2 hours each
- This group is limited to those with gambling problems – family members can attend a separate Family Member Group
- Treatment focus is on cognitive, behavioral and emotional change in a supportive environment
- Abstinence from gambling is not required
3. Other options offered
- Family counselling
- Couples consultation
- Referrals to other professional services as needed
If interested, please call (613) 724-4881 and ask to speak to the Program Coordinator for the Problem Gambling Program. The Coordinator will give you a call back usually within 48 hours.
Cost: This program is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and is free for residents of Ontario. Out of province residents should call to discuss our service.